Do more of what makes you awesome

Do more of what makes you awesome

Training: Week 1

Friday, January 2, 2015

This week is my first week of eight in training for the Gasparilla Distance Classic 15K. And although this week hasn’t officially come to an end, I thought I’d post a quick recap of what it consist of thus far.

Sunday it was stretch and strengthening, so I headed to the gym and got to it. Earlier this year I found a stretch routine to prevent injuries in Runner’s World Magazine and really took a liking to it. I’ve noticed great improvement in my running ever since I started using it so I decided to incorporate it into my training. You can find a video for the workout here.



On Monday I decided to have a little fun with my run. I went to a nearby park and did a trail run for my short 2 miler. With short runs I always like to incorporate something different just to mix it up; running on the beach, trail running, 5K events, etc. I think I lucked out with this location because it was absolutely gorgeous.




Tuesday and Wednesday I was back at the gym and Thursday was a rest day. Typically, Fridays would be my long runs, but given that it’s only the first week my run was only 2 miles long. I ended up taking a short drive to a nearby marina and running alongside that. 


When I got home I fixed myself a snack and marked off day 6 as completed. Tomorrow, I have 30 minutes of cross training to do and I think I'll include some light active walking at the farmer's market. Sounds like a perfect way to end week 1, doesn't it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design